Submit a Poster Session
The submission site is now closed.
Share your best ideas and work with the national library community by presenting a digital poster at the 2021 ALA Annual Conference & Exhibition (Virtual).
The poster session committee encourages submissions from all types of libraries and on any topic relevant to librarianship. Submissions may include a description of an innovative library program; an analysis of a solution to a problem; a report of a research study; or any other presentation that would benefit the larger library community.
Digital Poster Presentation Requirements (for accepted submissions):
- For publishing purposes, the poster upload must be a PDF file at highest resolution possible.
- The aspect ratio (ratio of width to height) should ideally be set to '16:9'.
- The complete poster is limited to one slide only. That means one single page for your PDF file.
- A heading should be prepared for your presentation. Indicate the title of the presentation, the name(s) of the presenter(s), and their institutional/organizational affiliation(s) on the heading.
- Visuals should dominate your presentation. Think in terms of graphic impact and include pictures, data, charts, graphs, diagrams, drawings, photographs, and other types of illustrations.
- Fonts should be sans-serif (e.g., Arial, Calibri, etc.).
- All lettering should be simple, bold, and minimum font size should not be smaller than 6pt.
- Adding a short (5 minute) audio description to your poster is encouraged.
Poster sessions were introduced to the American Library Association at its 1982 Annual Conference in Philadelphia. They are an effective forum for the exchange of information and a means to communicate ideas, research, and programs.